Tuesday, June 28, 2011

49th and Broadway (revisit)

Well...THIS is what my new home gym looks like currently.  This is the former site of the 52nd and Broadway location which is mere blocks from my new office.

I visited instead 49th and Broadway which, surprisingly, has been refurbished since my last visit.  It looks very good, crisp, and clean.  The new style is very much what it needed as this is a VERY BUSY LOCATION.  I'm sure closing the gym 3 blocks up didn't help relieve any of the traffic.

The crowd here is a mix of hotel guests, some young and a few frumpy women (a few winners), and then 70% gay guys.  There was definitely some eye candy but I was too annoyed with the crowded nature to care.  I'm glad I didn't need a treadmill cause I would have been waiting way too long for my liking.

I took a new photo of the refurb:













Whoops.  Well...this isn't too far off...