Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tribeca at Reade Street

What better way to spend a perfectly beautiful day in New York City than going underground and staring at myself for an hour or so while I listen to the ROCKIN new Lady Gaga album?

This location has two floors - top/ground floor is the studio, two stretching areas, all of the cardio, and the more generic weight machines.  Downstairs are the locker rooms, cycling studios, free weights, and the rest of the machines.  While I didn't see anyone who played for my team working out, they clearly had an influence in the design -- things were in their right spots, body rollers were on a rack attached to the wall reminding me of a towel rack (very convenient storage), and "suck me off" was carved into the wood paneling of the sauna.  Clearly gay signs but no gay people...maybe I went at an off time.

For the most part this is a large facility, clean, newer, and very pleasant.  Lots of natural light upstairs at the cardio area and not too dim downstairs.  The locker room was slightly confusing getting around but seemed large enough with the "large styled" lockers that have been popping up at the newer locations.  Sauna and steam room were smaller but fine (I didn't see any explicit acts, just the permanent calligraphy).  What really got me excited was the complimentary cotton balls and Q-tips available in the locker room; winning.

My grade: A