Sunday, May 8, 2011

16th and 8th

I had been to this location before, many moons ago, and had left with no desire to ever return.  Not that it is awful, but just not the most luxurious gym I have ever been to.

This facility is divided into two floors.  A very run down lobby is on the top/ground floor along with all of the cardio and stretching areas.  There are plenty of treadmills to go around it seems and a few random (and ancient) ab machines.

Downstairs in the dimly lit, seemingly deserted garage setting is everything else.  Locker rooms, free weights, machines, and studios.  The decor is just not pleasant and it seems all very thrown together (it would make for a great homo-erotic Scream 5 setting).  What's nice is that there are plenty of weight options as the clientele (GAYS!) seem to all be downstairs; there are double of a few popular machines too.

The locker room is unique.  Almost the whole locker room is carpeted including the sink area.  The sink area is set up like a vanity room, and the stalls/urinals are in their own room (complete with a door).  Very strange. The showers are not all that attractive but the lockers themselves are plentiful.  They also have a machine I was DYING to try called the "Bodi Blo" which, I can only assume, dries your whole body like a hair dryer.  I couldn't bring myself to try it because if it was broken I'm afraid I would be devastated and just feel obligated to give this location a failing grade.

My grade: B-