Tuesday, May 31, 2011

44th and 5th

I recently had a request to include more specifics on the lady clientele in addition to the gentlemen (well...they probably meant "instead of" but I took it as "in addition to").  That's like sending an alcoholic to a new bar and asking them to report back with all of the savory flavors of the appetizers on the food menu; they will struggle to not only remember the request but also to deflect their attention to what they are naturally addicted to.  HOWEVER -- I remembered and am reporting back!

For all you lady lovers: skip this gym.

It's not that there weren't any delightfully looking women at this location, just there weren't really any women..at all.  I counted four.  (Yes I actually COUNTED.  I think I took this request too literally.)  The four ladies weren't anything to write home (blog home?) about either.  There were a few good looking "let's keep this on the DL away from my co-worker" men, but even in that department not enough reason to go back.

The first level is the lobby and cycling studio.  Very old-school NYSC decor.  Downstairs are the locker rooms and some free weights/machines.  Downstairs is very depressing and a little small.  Lots of mirrors but nothing else.  Upstairs is everything else: cardio, a few more free weights, 2 studios, all of the machines, and stretching areas.  Pretty roomy, nice lighting, and a few of the cardio machines were brand-spanking new.

The locker room was fine.  Plenty of lockers, OK space, bright shower area, sauna and steam room.  The only exception was that my shower had barely any water pressure and the curtain wasn't wide enough to cover the entire stall.  That...that is just annoying.

My grade: B