Sunday, January 2, 2011

23rd and 8th

So...I kinda forgot to take a picture of this location.  I promise I will in the future a la Wall Street.  Until then I have substituted the awning with a photo from our recent blizzard.  Cause, ya know, you can never get enough "Snowpocalypse 2010" photos.

I have been to this location before and it definitely has its pros and cons.  Let's start with pros, shall we?

Pros: it is all one level.  I love gyms that are only one level.  Also has plenty of sunlight in the entire facility.  This location has a nice free weight area that overlooks Chelsea (always fun to people watch) and has 3 studios: a group class studio, cycling, and boxing (give me a "RANDOM!").  There is a lot of cardio relative to the size of the gym, and the locker room is large - complete with a steam room.  Plenty of showers...uh...I'm running out of pros...the people here are attractive and usually always fit.

Cons: tiny stretching area, everyone is on the prowl to get laid (pro perhaps? that's a gray area), and the locker rooms are gross.  I mean...gross gross.  I hate showering here cause people usually keep their curtain half open as an "invitation" and I refuse to go in the steam room; I feel like I don't need to elaborate on why.

This Chelsea staple isn't all bad, but is certainly not my preferred place to work out.  A very gay location (and roid rage runs rampant (hey o- alliteration!)) it is a little too skeevy for me; and I'm pretty skeevy.

My grade: B