Thursday, September 30, 2010

59th and Park

Do you know how hard it is to walk by Bloomingdale's on your way to workout?  Extremely.

This location was recommended to me by a few people (shout out! except I don't remember who you were...and you probably aren't reading this...so...).  I have to admit it lived up to its reputation.  Nice open lobby leads to ellipticals and a small metal staircase.  Downstairs: locker rooms.  Upstairs: more cardio and a neatly designed studio.  Upstairs: the weight room.  Upstairs: stretching, newer machines.  Downstai...wait...what the HELL are all of these stairs for?  So that's the one downfall: you have to keep going up and down and up and up and down if you want to workout.  That being said, my legs look GREAT!

The weight area was nice and bright if not a little cramped, but they had most everything you need.  Lots of cardio up (and then down) the stairs.  The locker rooms were very nice, tidy, and plenty of towels.  No steam room, but the sauna was extra hot.  I noticed two funny things about the locker room however: 1) none of the curtains fully covered each shower stall, so you had better work out your, uh, lower body before you finish and 2) the urinals are SO HIGH.  Seriously.  I'm average in height and I was on my tip toes in order not to just pee on the floor.  They are basically encouraging people to pee in the showers which, going back to number 1, everyone would see because of the curtain flaw.

My grad: A-