Saturday, September 25, 2010

52nd and Broadway

One word: HOT
Two words: HOT twin
Three words: HOT twin brothers.

And that, in itself, is the reason to go to this gym.  However, if you aren't as fortunate as me to pick an AMAZING time to visit this location (see above) it's actually not bad sans-brothers (should I name the brothers?  or is that weird?).

The upstairs is small, just the entrance and a few cardio machines.  There are more cardio machines downstairs, but not many; this location was definitely lacking on cardio if you are more of the runner/eliptical type than the classes/weights/yoga ball type.  The downstairs is one large room with numerous and various weights and machines.  Oddly, most of the machines are not the typical white, but colored (anyone remember DZ the Discover Zone?  Yeah...take out the children (yay!) and replace the "adventure wall" with a smith press and you can start to imagine what it looks like).

Relative to how much cardio this club has to offer the stretching area was ample.  While dim, there are plenty of mirrors everywhere to check yourself out (or Marcus and Sam, as I have now named the twins) and to make the place seem larger.

Locker room wise I was a little turned around and upset.  Let me explain: there is, oh god I don't think I can even say it, NO sauna and NO steam room.



I'll give you a minute.



There ARE plenty of shower stalls (which resemble bathtubs that are standing vertically and if you are over 6' good luck fitting into them) and towels, so I wasn't completely devastated.  Not the tidiest of locker rooms however...

My grade: B