Monday, September 3, 2012

16th and 8th update

Remember me?  Hi. 2 things:

1. about a month ago I went to 16th and 8th and it's been renovated!  Apparently not recently either (whoops).  Looks nicer but really was just a re-decoration more than anything.  Machines are still old and now there's no Body Blo or whatever the scary body dryer was that existed in the locker room (pro? con? you decide).  Oh also I forgot where the lockers were and I wandered around like an ass for about 2 minutes until some straight guy saw the confusion on my face and just pointed them out; it was the nicest thing anyone has done for me at the gym in a long time!

2. I'm going to the Astoria location today (is there more than one?).  My friend Benjamin Shpres who has guest commented once before is the instigator of this trip.  Assuming I don't fall asleep on the train and miss this visit completely, an update (a real one not the bullshit I wrote in the paragraph above) is forthcoming.